Forums Help & support Will My Old Axcrypt Files Work With New Download?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

snowye

Hello Friends,

My version of Axcrypt is 1.7 that I don’t even have it because now I have a new computer.  What version of Axcrypt do I download for compatibility with Windows 11?  Will my password to the files be the same?

Thank you for your help,

snowye

#25713 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello snowye,

You can open/decrypt the previously encrypted document(1.x) with the latest version(2.x). Still, you can open/decrypt the old encrypted files with the original file password(which was used in the file encryption process).

Please do not forgot the password which was used in the file encryption with the AxCrypt 1.x. Because you need the same password to decrypt the AxCrypt 1.x encrypted files in AxCrypt 2.x.

AxCrypt 1.x and 2.x are compatible in the sense that 2.x can open all files secured with 1.x. In addition to that, 2.x implements of lot of new rich features, while some functions of 1.x are deprecated. Files secured with AxCrypt 2.x are not possible to open with AxCrypt 1.x. You cannot have both AxCrypt 1.x and 2.x installed at the same time.

AxCrypt 2 support/works on windows 11. You can download the latest version of AxCrypt app from our official website: https://www.axcrypt.net/download/ .

Please note: We are stopped developing new features and fixing issues for the legacy version(AxCrypt 1.x). we will not be actively developing 1.x, nor will support be a priority. We are advising users to use AxCrypt 2.x latest.

still, if you are facing any issues, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Will My Old Axcrypt Files Work With New Download?
Your information: