Forums Help & support Why many installfiles of the same setup name but with different sizes??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Daniel

Hi.

This seems to be a common behavior of yours. I’ve only checked a couple of legacy 1.7 versions of AxCrypt on a few different occations. Today I downloaded AxCrypt-1.7.3180.0-Setup.zip from https://www.axcrypt.net/information/legacy-downloads. It contains AxCrypt-1.7.3180.0-Setup.exe and it contains the following (which is so stupid and untrustful):

Folder $PLUGINSDIR containing:
    System.dll

Fine, then:

Folder $TEMP containing:
    AxCrypt-1.7.3180.0-x64-en-US.msi

AND in $TEMP is also the cryptic folder $_0_ containing:
    AxCrypt-1.7.3180.0-Win32-en-US.msi (same name different size than the first one in $TEMP-root)

Why the hell is my question? This is really suspect behaviour…

/Daniel

#21779 Reply

Daniel

Ok saw something now, one is one 64bit and one is 32bit. It’s mainly the suspect nestled $-folders that threw me off. Migth be better to call the folders 32bit and 64bit…

#21789 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Daniel,

Yes, correct. We are stopped developing new features and fixing issues for the legacy version(AxCrypt 1.x). we will not be actively developing 1.x, nor will support be a priority. We are advising users to use AxCrypt 2.x latest.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Why many installfiles of the same setup name but with different sizes??
Your information: