Forums Help & support Version 1 Was Great; Version 2 Terrible

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jim

I was long time user of  Version 1. It was simple, no login required, and it worked.

Version 2 has typeface so dim it can’t be read.  This may be due to the dark view option in MacOS Big Sur.

Using the install workaround, finally got it installed. You really should fix that problem.

Supposedly I set up an account I got the one time code to verify etc. But I can’t log in.  Can’t even get keystrokes to register in dialog box. I see a message at the top that a paid account is needed with a big star.

It appears a login is needed before each time anything can be done. The right click to select files doesn’t work. I had to drag the file to a box on another screen and then got the message to log in where the dialog box wouldn’t accept key strokes.

Anyway, very disappointed in Version 2. If you wanted the revenue from subscription it seems like you could have just sold licenses for Version 1 and kept the app simple and easy to used and understand. I think you ruined a good app.

#19753 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello jim,

Apologies for the rancid experience with AxCrypt.

Version 2 has typeface so dim it can’t be read. This may be due to the dark view option in MacOS Big Sur. — We are working on a design issue and it. it will release in the near future.

The right click to select files doesn’t work.– Currently the AxCrypt Mac application does not have the right click context menu. But we will develop the same in the future upcoming versions.

It appears a login is needed before each time anything can be done. — AxCrypt 2 works just like your email software or most other password-protected systems. You sign in once and remain signed in until signed out. Just like you can read many emails without entering the password every time, AxCrypt will do the same. The files are still encrypted, but your password is remembered until you sign out of AxCrypt.

AxCrypt 2.x will be available on many platforms and devices, while AxCrypt 1.x will always be limited to the Windows desktop. The new version is rewritten from the ground up on a new technological platform, and there are many differences.

AxCrypt 2 comes with newly improved and user-friendly user interface, account management(subscription information, password change and etc.) and more additional features.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Version 1 Was Great; Version 2 Terrible
Your information: