Forums Community This app can be easily bypassed lol

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

anonymous

Just change the file extension from .axx to whatever the previous extension (.rar , .txt , etc;). The best part is they will provide the previous extension, just that from ”File.rar” they only change it to ”File-rar.axx” when locked. Please improvise, i literally just found this out by playing around. Imagine actual hackers.

#12189 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello anonymous,

I am sorry, but you are so very wrong here. Please re-check your results and investigate a bit more. It just doesn’t work that way.

The encrypted file is *encrypted*.

I don’t quite know what you did to make you think this, but you’re welcome to provide more information so we can understand where you went wrong in your assumptions.

Start by creating a file or copying an existing file. Then copy it again. Then encrypt the first copy (which among other things will indeed rename it to -ext.axx). Compare the encrypted copy with the original. They are different. If you rename the encrypted file, it will not open in the original application (unless you’ve changed the original extension association to AxCrypt of course – in which case it will open as long as you’re signed in to AxCrypt).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: This app can be easily bypassed lol
Your information: