Forums Help & support Stable File Path for unencrypted files (to load data files)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

J. Allard

I am using Axcrypt to encrypt files that open in a statistical analysis software (Stata). I would like to code a stable relative path to open encrypted files automatically, but it seems that Axcrypt chooses a random temporary folder each time I open a file. Does this mean that, unlike other encryption applications (Veracrypt (RIP), Boxcryptor, or Cryptomator), there is no stable path or Drive for a given file over time? Is there any workaround or way to designate a temporary decryption location that does not include a subfolder with random letters, so my code will consistently open encrypted files?

Thanks in advance!

#31603 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Allard,

We have a feature called Decrypt Temporarily. Please add the folder in the AxCrypt secured folder then right-click the folder then select the option Decrypt Temporarily.

When we click Decrypt Temporarily, all files inside the folder are decrypted temporarily. AxCrypt waits for the app to exit or sign out to re-encrypt all the files inside the temporarily decrypted folder. Finally, click the sign-out button to re-encrypt all the files inside the temporarily decrypted folder

If you are asking any Queries, please write us at support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Stable File Path for unencrypted files (to load data files)
Your information: