Forums Help & support password local? Or?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

bob

I keep getting the msg saying it’s a local password, and then it works. But it also sends me to the axcrypt. I have NO idea why?

What am I supposed to do?  Is my password saved locally? Or on the site?

I love axcrypt but this aspect is totally confusing.  I realize there is no backdoor,  so now I’m afraid to even use it

#32989 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello bob,

We have responded to your question via our support email. I would request you to please check your email.

“Please avoid sending the same query in different mediums. You may get the duplicate response”

#33010 Reply

bob

I searched my email and found nothing from you.

Could you resend it, or better yet, answer it here on the forum so other users can also benefit.

#33015 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello bob,

We are re-send the email to your AxCrypt account(bobprickett@hotmail.com) email address, Please check your email- inbox and proceed further.

Based on email filter settings, sometimes it will be there in the user’s spam/junk folder. So please check once again your mailbox folders and firewall settings.

#33016 Reply

bob

Assuming “axcrypt” would exist in the mail, I used that for a thorough search of my mail. Nothing.

#33017 Reply

bob

Can you answer my question here?  [I can’t be the only one with this issue]

When decrypting, it says something like. “it appears you are using a local password…”  [not exactly those words but close enough]

My question: what exactly does that mean, and what should I do?

#33018 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello bob,

AxCrypt will allow the users to decrypt the encrypted file with the original password which is used for encryption.

If the file was encrypted with a different password than your sign-in password, then you have to enter the file password while viewing/decrypting the encrypted file. 

For example: Try to encrypt a file with your AxCrypt password and then reset your AxCrypt account password using the Reset Password Feature. Now if you open the encrypted file, you will be prompted to enter the file password (which is used for the encryption of the file).

We will explain more about, what is the local mode. 

You might be using your old AxCrypt password(which is different from the one that exists in our account server) to sign in to the AxCrypt app. 

If users use an old AxCrypt account password to sign in with the AxCrypt app, then the AxCrypt app will warn the user with local mode warning text.

You can also use the AxCrypt app in local mode. However, the currently used sign-in password will be used to encrypt the files. We do not suggest the users use it in local mode unless any special cases. 

So, Please use your latest password to sign in with the AxCrypt app(internet-enabled) without any issues. 

Please try to clear the AxCrypt local contents by using the AxCrypt file menu File | Options | Clear All Settings & Restart or clicking the switch user button in the sign-in dialog 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: password local? Or?
Your information: