Forums Help & support now I need sign in to axcrypt even if I use offline

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alan

hello,

I’m using axcrypt 2.1.1585  offline and with my encrypted file on a usb stick. Normally I would insert the stick , scroll to my file,click, axcrypt would start ask me to enter the decrypt code.

Now I need to sign into axcrypt prog before decrypting the file.  Is this normal for offline usage?

( Also, I cannot leave the axcrypt prog running or I get a”do not remove usb stick currently in use, close progs using this device”)

thanks,  Alan

#19638 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Alan,

Now I need to sign into axcrypt prog before decrypting the file.  Is this normal for offline usage? –it’s normal only. before decrypting the file you have to log in to the AxCrypt app.

The AxCrypt app will be monitoring the folder path, When we add a folder in the secured folders list. That’s why you are not able to eject the USB drive.

Monitoring the folder path is for re-encryption process. If the file in fact is located in a folder designated as “Secured”, it will soon be re-encrypted again since those folders are monitored for unencrypted files and will encrypt them when you sign out, or click the “Broom” clean up icon.

AxCrypt 2 uses a more robust method for the automatic re-encryption, which sometimes means you as the user have to tell AxCrypt to do it. You’ll see this by the “broom” icon becoming red. This indicates there’s something in need of “clean up”, i.e. re-encryption.

Try to exit the AxCrypt app and then eject your USB drive. Now, you will not any exceptions when you eject the USB drive.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our support via support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: now I need sign in to axcrypt even if I use offline
Your information: