Forums Help & support My file is corrupt and can not be opened

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kassie 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Juliana

Hello,

I just started to use Axantum.AxCrypt.Mac to secure my files. Nevertheless, after I saved my documents, I tried to reopen them but I got this message:

“We are sorry, we can’t open the document because we find a problem with its contents. Details: “The file is corrupt and can not be opened.”

I was hoping you can help me with this issue. I don’t understand what happened with my file. When I tried to restore it, I lost all the information I had written. Is that dame unreversable?

Thank you very much for your attention, I will be expecting your response.

#9320 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Juliana,

It’s not entirely easy to know what has happened, but the error message is not from AxCrypt, it’s from Microsoft Word I believe.

Can you perhaps try to just decrypt the file, and see if that works?

If it was an existing file, and you have a backup via Time Machine, you can always restore it from there.å

We’ve had no previous reports of file corruption in the Mac like this, so something else has happened.

Please remember – you cannot open an encrypted file from *within* Word! You have to open it via AxCrypt (or from Finder, which will invoke AxCrypt), or decrypt it first using AxCrypt.

#14242 Reply

Kassie

Hello, I have met such issue before, and I have tried to unlock the file , here are mt steps:
    Step1: Locate your Word or Excel file with said error.
    Step2: Right-click on it and choose Properties.
    Step3: Look for Unlock button in the General Tab. Click on it to unlock the file.

And my friend also rceommed a program called Bitwar Data Recovery to me, I also tried it, and I accidently find that it’s a fantastic program, so if you still cannot find the file with the steps, you can also apply this tool.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: My file is corrupt and can not be opened
Your information: