Forums Bugs & issues Menu: File/Exit: will not exit, complaining some file can't be re-encrypted.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Michel Martin

I have a file “Xyz-txt.axx”. I open it and close it.

1) The program “File/Exit” won’t exit.

2) “C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\AxCrypt\duxm3gy4\Xyz.txt” is fully unencrypted, fully readable.

Who needs a “premium” version of this ill-designed program?

#19007 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Michel Martin,

The location(C:\Users\’user name’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt) is for the temporary decrypted copies of the files. Those will either be cleaned automatically at the earliest opportunity or when you click the red clean “broom” icon in AxCrypt.

AxCrypt works by decrypting files temporarily and then launching the appropriate application for the decrypted file, which thus is entirely unaware of AxCrypt. AxCrypt monitors the system for the launched app to exit, and when it detects this it will re-encrypt the file and wipe (overwrite) the decrypted file and then delete it. 

Note: The temporary files will be removed as soon as the opened encrypted file closed/signed out from the AxCrypt app.

We have to close all the instance of the encrypted file(s) opened application. Please read the above and check the same again.

If you are facing any issues, please contact our support team at support@axcrypt.net.

#19013 Reply

Michel Martin

“AxCrypt monitors the system for the launched app to exit, and when it detects this it will re-encrypt the file and wipe (overwrite) the decrypted file and then delete it.”

I understand all that. The problem is: Your program DOES NOT DO THAT:

1) Maybe you noticed that Xyz.txt is edited with NOTEPAD. I just want to read the text. I do not modify it.

2) When I exit NOTEPAD, NOTEPAD is gone.

3) “when you click the red clean “broom” icon”: this is FALSE: the broom gives a warning and DOES NOTHING.

I use Windows 10.

#19023 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Michel Martin,

Do you have any screenshot? — If yes, Please you can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand.

Please more detailed about the issue and screenshot and then write an email to support@axcrypt.net.

Also please provide Which AxCrypt version do you have used?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Menu: File/Exit: will not exit, complaining some file can't be re-encrypted.
Your information: