Forums Help & support Malwarebyte flagged AxCrypt.exe as Ransonware

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Stubby

I set up AxCrypt and the forst time I used it Malwarebytes flagged it as Malware and prevented me from using it. Anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

#19484 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Stubby,

Do you have any screenshot? If yes, Please you can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand.

Please explain the more detailed information about the issue also some screenshots. we are trying to find the issue and fix the issue as soon as possible. Also you can write an email to our support team support@axcrypt.net.

#19487 Reply

Stubby

I tried to upload a screenshot but I couldn’t get it to work. It’s very simple. Malwarebytes identified as malware and blocked:

C://Program Files/AxCrypt/AxCrypt/AxCrypt.exe

#19491 Reply

Stubby

Please, a little help on what I should do. I have disconnected my external drive until I can resolve this and I need to access my data. Is this a common issue with Malwarebytes? If not, what should I do next? Thanks.

#19531 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Stubby,

Please add AxCrypt software in antivirus whitelists. AxCrypt is just a file encryption software and it will secure users files if user requests. Otherwise, AxCrypt will not do anything with users data.

For more blogs: https://www.axcrypt.net/support/blog.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Malwarebyte flagged AxCrypt.exe as Ransonware
Your information: