Forums Bugs & issues Mac Big Sur error when trying to decrypt

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

RS

Hi

I seem to have an issue since updating to version 2.00 that stops me from decrypting older encrypted files (several files that are zipped and it’s the zip file thats encrypted). I get an error saying the file can not be decrypted for technical reasons, try decrypting it separately. I’m not sure how this can be done but I can no longer access my secure documents!

#19427 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello RS,

Please follow the below instructions to decrypt the encrypted file(s).

You can decrypt the zip encrypted file, first select zip encrypted file/folders and then right-click on the file and select AxCrypt > Decrypt

Or

You can open the zip file first, then file show In the recent files tab, now select zip encrypted file then right click on the file(which you want to decrypt) and select Stop Securing and remove from list

Now your file/folders decrypted without any issue.

Please note: There is no problem to open the encrypted file(1.x) with a latest AxCrypt version. You can open/decrypt the previously encrypted document with the latest version.

If the above doesn’t help, please provide more information about the issue and some screenshots and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Mac Big Sur error when trying to decrypt
Your information: