Forums Community Keep file names from showing on Sign In page even after secured files are closed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nobody

Is there any way to stop the file names from appearing in the sign in/sign out AxCrypt page?  I know they can be individually deleted, but I would rather not have them appear there at all, or at least be erased automatically when I sign out.

#7849 Reply

Nick

At the moment, no.

If you’re worried about a shared user of your computer seeing your file names then the best solution is to give them their own Windows account as this will also improve your general security and privacy.

The other option is to schedule a Windows task to delete the file below;

C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME_HERE\AppData\Local\AxCrypt\FileSystemState.txt

#7851 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello nobody,

No, we don’t have that option right now. You might want to read https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/leaving-computer-axcrypt/ for a discusion about the general scenario – someone walks up to my computer with AxCrypt installed / running / signed in etc.

The summary reads: We think you should activate your screen saver if you walk away from a device with information on it confidential enough to warrant encryption in the first place.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Keep file names from showing on Sign In page even after secured files are closed
Your information: