Forums Help & support I Can't Encrypt a File – Wrong Passowrd, Decrypt Works Fine.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JimJam

I was trying to Encrypt a file in my Documents Folder on my PC.

I Right Click on it, pick Axe Crypt and choose Encrypt. It then brings up the Password Box for Axe Crypt.

If it put in the Password it says its wrong.

If I click on a file to Decrypt in my Documents it works fine with the Password.

I also notice though that the Email in Axe Crypt is not the same as the Email I have registered Axe Crypt with.

Could this be the cause of the problem? Thanks

I am running Windows Ten Pro 64.

#33667 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello JimJam,

Please can you try this? Please check the folder(C:\Users\’User Name’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt). If you found any subfolders inside the AxCrypt folder, take a back up of those folders. Then clean the local cache by the below described way.

Please delete the folder (C:\Users\’User Name’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt) to clear the local cache and starts the AxCrypt app like a new.

Then uninstall the AxCrypt app and restart the system then install the latest version of AxCrypt app.

If the above doesn’t help, Please provide more detailed information about the issue and a screenshot, Also write an email to Support@axcrypt.net

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: I Can't Encrypt a File – Wrong Passowrd, Decrypt Works Fine.
Your information: