Forums Help & support how can I switch from AES 128 to QES 256 algorithme

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Said

Hi,

I have been using Axcrypt for a couple of years now and had my files encrypted using AES 128 algorithme. recently,  I subscribed for the premium version to have AES 256 encyption but all my files still show AES 128 even after re-encryption with new algorithme!

should I decrypte all old  files first and re-encrypte with new  algorithme to upgrade  or is there another way ?

Thanks in advance

#26437 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Said,

Your encrypted files are encrypted in free subscription that means AES-128 bit Algorithm.

Now, Just open the Encrypted file(s) and update the content of the file(s) then save and close the file(s). Now your encrypted files) upgrade to AES-256 bit Algorithm(Premium subscription).

Or

You can also upgrade the encrypted files from AES-128 to AES-256 by using the feature called ”Upgrade 1.x and AES-128 files”. You can see that option under the file menu. After choosing that option, you will be prompted to select the files. After selecting the files, AxCrypt will upgrade the encryption level from AES-128 to AES-256

If the above doesn’t help, please write an email to our support team support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: how can I switch from AES 128 to QES 256 algorithme
Your information: