I have been a long time user of Axcrypt and typically have no issues. Today when I went to open one of my protected files I received a message telling me that the file was not an Axcrypt file. I have opened this file countless times so am confused as to why there would suddenly be an issue. I upgraded to the latest version (I was already on a 2.x release) and the issue continues to persist. I have also tried creating a copy of the file and renaming it with no success. From the debug log I see the following:
Debug: AxCryptReader.Read() from type None to type EndOfStream : (None).
Please advise on next steps as I am currently locked out of my files. Thanks.