Forums Help & support Encrypt private cloud

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Riccardo

Hello, i’m a new premium customer. I read in other thread the possibility to encrypt folder and subfolder ( “File — Option — Include subfolder “) . When i choose this option i receive a pop-up “alert” that advise me that it could be dangerous apply this option if we are talking about a lot of files.

Now since i have thousands of file that i would line to encrypt ( more or less all my private cloud – 300 GB for the moment -) it is safe to apply this feature in one shot or i need to encrypt file by file ( or better selecting a few files at a time ).

In a nutshell, is the alert an advice or do you have evidence of real problems if folders and subfolders containing thousands of files are selected ?

Many Thanks

R.

#29650 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Riccardo,

Why Include Subfolder is dangerous? Because if you enabled the Include Subfolder feature, AxCrypt will try to encrypt all your files which are all exists in the subfolders of Secured root folders.

If you are having more subfolders and files under the secured folder, then AxCrypt will take extra time to process encryption request. Based on the folder size and system specification, AxCrypt will perform as much as faster.

That’s the reason behind the confirmation message. So no need to worry, just confirm it and secure your files safely.

If you are asking any Queries, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Encrypt private cloud
Your information: