Forums Help & support Edits to Google Docs made in AxCrypt not saving

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brian

I saved an AxCrypt file to Google Docs that was originally a text doc

I download and open the encrypted file from GD on my android phone in AxCrypt selecting Google Docs as the program of choice.

I made a few text edits to the decrypted file and Save them.

Result: File is not saved with edits. Original File appears untouched on Google.

Expectation: File would be saved with edits, encrypted, and uploaded back to Goggle Docs in place of original file.

So – How can I open an encrypted text file from GD, edit it, and save the encrypted file again on GD?

#18876 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Brian,

Just to be clear, our mobile apps do not yet have the capability to encrypt or update encrypted files on mobile devices.

Our Mobile apps, can’t encrypt your files.

The mobile apps are intended to complement the desktop application, by allowing files encrypted on the desktop to be opened and viewed on any mobile device.

Please open the Gd file in the system/laptop then edit and save the file. then sync to your system and mobile device.

If the above doesn’t help, Please more detailed about the issue and write a email to support@axcrypt.net.

#19039 Reply

H. Delrio

I axcrypt a video  now I want to edit it . i enter the past word It unencrypts it ,I can watch my video  but went I move over to the video editor   it stays  encrypted…how can I  keep it totally un encrypted

#19044 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello H. Delrio,

Sign in to the AxCrypt app with your AxCrypt credentials. Then follow the below instructions to decrypt the encrypted file(s)

You can decrypt the encrypted file, first select encrypted files and then right-click on the file and select AxCrypt > Decrypt

Or You can able to decrypt the AxCrypt encrypted file by navigating File | Stop Securing from the AxCrypt app.

Or In the recent files tab, select encrypted file then right click on the file(which you want to decrypt) and select Stop Securing and remove from list.

After decrypting the encrypted file. file changed to the original extension. now you open the video with the corresponding application then edit the video file.

If the above does not help, please provide more information about the issue and some screenshots and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Edits to Google Docs made in AxCrypt not saving
Your information: