Forums Bugs & issues Decryption of multiple (parallel) Excel files not possible

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kizi games 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tim

Dear all,

I am using the latest Legacy-Version of AxCrypt 1.7.3233.0.

After updating on Windows 10 an Office 365 I cannot decrypt multiple Excel-Files at the same time anymore.

The first excel file I can decrypt without any issues.

When I am going to decrypt the second Excel-File the following error occur:

Sorry, we couldn’t find “C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\axcrypt2\Test 2 – 2345.xlsx”. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted? 

When I look in the directory while starting the second decryption process, I can see that the Excel file is created in a new directory:

But the file disappears instantly and the error mentioned above occurs:

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Many greetings
    Tim

#17064 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Tim,

We are stopped developing new features and fixing issues for the legacy version(AxCrypt 1.x). we will not be actively developing 1.x, nor will support be a priority.

Your decrypted file is moved or deleted in that location. so please check the correct file location then decrypt the encrypted file.

As per your screenshot, you can select the file in AxCrypt local cache folder.

AxCrypt works by decrypting files temporarily and then launching the appropriate application for the decrypted file, which thus is entirely unaware of AxCrypt. AxCrypt monitors the system for the launched app to exit, and when it detects this it will re-encrypt the file and wipe (overwrite) the decrypted file and then delete it.

Note: The temporary files will be removed as soon as the opened encrypted file closed/signed out from the AxCrypt app.

Still, if you are facing any issues, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

#17115 Reply

Tim

Dear all,

I could identify the issue.

We are using Office 365 – in Excel 365 the Windows processes are merged in one process together.

AcCrypt seems to could not handle this.

So I identify the following workaround.

After decrypting the first file, and after the password-entry at the second file you have just to press and hold ALT to start excel in a new instance.

When excel is opened in a new instance, multiple files can be decrypted parallel.

Best Regards
    Tim

#18385 Reply

Jonathan Trott

Decryption without a key? That probably means you want to spend decades or centuries trying to break the encryption. Blunt Soft SEO Services

#18390 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Jonathan,

If you know the file password(which was used in the file encryption process) to decrypt/open the encrypted file. Otherwise, Without file password nobody to decrypt the encrypted file.

Unfortunately, if you do not know the password for an AxCrypt-encrypted file you cannot open it, even if you can sign in to the account. This is by design, it’s just this situation that AxCrypt is made for and it works like this even if you actually are the original owner of the file.

If the above doesn’t help, please provide detailed information about the issue and screenshot.also write a email to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Decryption of multiple (parallel) Excel files not possible
Your information: