Forums Help & support Decrypting multiple files at once

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brooks 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Brooks

Hello, all.

This morning I tried unsuccessfully to open an old PDF file, only to discover that the PDF extension had been appended by .axx.  I have no memory of ever having tried AxCrypt, but at some point I must have.

Cutting to the chase….

I downloaded the portable version of AxCrypt (v. 2.1.1618.0), correctly guessed my decryption password, and the unencrypted PDF opened without a hitch. A relief!

However, there are 96 other AxCrypt-encrypted PDF files in the same Windows 10 folder, all encrypted with the same password. Is there a way to remove the encryption from all 96 files at once? Or do I have to decrypt each file one at a time? (Hope not!)

Tangentially, only PDF files were encrypted. Non-PDF files in the same folder were not encrypted. I mention this odd fact for what it’s worth.

Kind thanks  for your help.

#25302 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Brooks,

You can decrypt multiple/more of the encrypted file, first select all encrypted files and then right-click on the file and select AxCrypt > Decrypt

Or  In the recent files tab, select all encrypted files then right-click on the file(which you want to decrypt) and select Stop Securing and remove from the list

If you have any queries, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

#25314 Reply

Brooks

Hi, there Prabhukumar.

Thanks for the friendly help. Most appreciated!

Unfortunately, the right-click solution didn’t work. Neither “AxCrypt” nor “Decrypt” show up anywhere on the context menu, as you can see from this screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/FhBhSvP.png

To reiterate, I’m using AxCrypt 2.1.1618.0 — the portable free version. Might it be that the right-click option you describe is only available to paid users of AxCrypt?

Thanks again for helping me.

Brooks

#25319 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Brooks,

Currently, the AxCrypt right-click context menu is available only in the windows (Installer) version of the AxCrypt app. You can see the same by installing the latest version of the AxCrypt app in your windows system.

If you are using portable(standalone) version, please download and install the installable version of the AxCrypt app.

Might it be that the right-click option you describe is only available to paid users of AxCrypt?– No.

#25442 Reply

Brooks

Hi again, Prabhukumar.

My apologies for the belated response.

I’ve just finished installing the full version of AxCrypt, and it worked like a charm on that huge folder of encrypted files. YAY! For all your help and patience, thanks.

Stay safe, and all the best to you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Decrypting multiple files at once
Your information: