Forums Help & support Axcrypt won't start

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Brian H.

I have tried a number of things, but Axcrypt just won’t start.  It appears to load (spinning blue wheel) then it just stops for a few seconds.  I have tried deleting the cache directory as suggested by some others.  I have also tried rebooting, repairing and even re-installing the app.  I just won’t start.  Unfortunately there’s no error message.  How do I even debug this?  Has anyone else experienced this?

#32326 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Brian,

Sorry to hear this.

Please check, the AxCrypt application is running in the background. Please check whether the task manager AxCrypt is running or not. If running means, stop the AxCrypt app. Then start the AxCrypt app. Now it’s working.

Please note: This might be because some other third-party applications are not allowing the AxCrypt app to run. Please try to check if any firewall or antivirus software is blocking the AxCrypt app or not. If blocked, please add the AxCrypt app to the app’s whitelist.

Still, you are facing the same problem, Please feel free to contact our support via support@axcrypt.net.Also provide step-by-step information about the issue.

#32330 Reply

Brian H.

I don’t see AxCrypt running in task manager.  I’ve also tried shutting down my antivirus software (Avast) temporarily.  That also didn’t work.

Does Windows Defender interfere with AxCrypt?

#32334 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Brian,

We have responded to your question via our support email. I would request you to please check your email.

#32338 Reply

Brian H.

Hi Prabhukumar,

I’ve checked my inbox and junk folder and did not see any email reply from AxCrypt.  Can you please re-send the email?

Thanks.

#32341 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Brian,

Please send the complete error report to troubleshoot the issue. Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://www.axcrypt.net/blog/how-to-send-a-complete-error-report .Also, write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt won't start
Your information: