Forums Community Axcrypt stopped requiring decryption password

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

D

Hi,  Recently Axcrypt behaviour has changed. I have not updated (and I don’t want to if possible), so I don’t know why the behaviour changed.

Before it used to require the long encryption password, and (if I recall correctly) that’s all.  It didn’t require logging in with the sign in password. This is how I wanted it.

Now it’s only requiring my sign in password, not the longer encryption password. I have tried selecting ‘Always offline’ but it doesn’t make any difference.

#31727 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello D,

Here we will explain how AxCrypt 2.x works

AxCrypt(2.x) now uses a single sign-on model where the same password is used to sign in to our servers and to protect your files.

AxCrypt(2.x) works just like email software(s) or most other password-protected systems. You sign in once and remain signed in until signed out. Just like you can read many emails without entering the password every time, AxCrypt will do the same. The files are still encrypted, but your password is remembered until you sign out of AxCrypt.

Once signed in, you can read, write and update information without having to re-enter the password, until signed out. AxCrypt will automatically sign out when the screen saver goes active(based on the Inactivity Sign Out configuration), or you can sign out manually.

In AxCrypt 1. x, We can opt for the registration option based on our choice/need. That means AxCrypt 1. x can work without the AxCrypt account also. But AxCrypt 2. x will not work without an AxCrypt account. Whether it may be an online or offline account.

Please note: AxCrypt 1.x is a legacy version. That means it is outdated and there is no longer any support for it, whereas AxCrypt 2.x is the version that we are continuously working on to keep improving it. It’s absolutely not recommended to use 1.x. We recommend all users, old and new, to always use the most current released version of AxCrypt, which can be downloaded here.

If you are asking any Queries, please write us at support@axcrypt.net.

#31731 Reply

D

OK, I’ll have to go back to 1.x then. The new sign in a requirement for version 2.x is a major problem for me. I don’t want decryption passwords on servers or in databases online or anywhere except in my head and I don’t want my ability to open my files to be dependent on the status of Axcrypt’s servers or my access to the internet (if the servers go down for a while, if Axcrpyt goes out of business, or if I lose internet connection I wouldn’t be able to open the files!).

Thanks for the confirmation.

#31732 Reply

D

Would you be able to give me a link to the most recent version of the software without the sign-in requirement?

#31734 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello D,

AxCrypt will not close the business. Because we are running successfully for over 15+ years. In case we stopped the business, We have a standalone version and the AxCrypt software is available on other third-party websites. So no need to worry about this.

AxCrypt(2.x) will work without internet(offline) also. So no need internet to decrypt the encrypted files. For more information, please visit here https://www.axcrypt.net/blog/axcrypt-online-vs-offline/

AxCrypt is a file encryption software with no backdoor. AxCrypt do not store users’ information or file/folder information or password in our server, instead it will keep the users’ basic information like Email address, IP Address and more. To know more about what stored on our server, please check our privacy policy- https://www.axcrypt.net/information/privacy-policy/.

You can download the latest legacy version of the AxCrypt app by using the URL: https://www.axantum.com/

#31735 Reply

D

How can I make version 2.x work offline always? This is what my OP is about.  You said above it will not work without an axcrypt accountI’ve tried ‘Always offline’ option but it is still asking me to sign in.

I want axcrypt never to ask me to sign in to their servers when I try to open an encrypted file I have on my PC. How can I make version 2.x do this? If this is possible I will use version 2.x.

#31736 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello D,

AxCrypt(2.x) is not full fill your requirements. AxCrypt 2. x will not work without an AxCrypt account. Whether it may be an online or offline account.

#31737 Reply

D

‘Always offline’ option:

https://ibb.co/gzpCFjf

Still requiring sign-in:

https://ibb.co/XYP767g

#31738 Reply

D

I don’t mind having an account. This is not the problem for me. The problem is REQUIRING a sign in to the account each time I open a file.

You say above that “AxCrypt(2.x) will work without internet(offline)”, so (according to this post) there must be a way to make Axcrypt 2.x work without requiring sing-in, since sign-in is not possible when there is no internet.  Howver, as I say, when I select ‘Always offline’, it is still requiring sign-in!And in your last post you now say this is not possible.

I’m confused by your posts . Is this possible or not?

Thanks.

#31743 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello D,

If you are using offline, required to sign in to the AxCrypt app.

As we said in the previous”AxCrypt(2.x) is not full fill your requirements”. Hope you understand.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt stopped requiring decryption password
Your information: