Forums Bugs & issues AxCrypt failing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Charles Parker

I just received my annual invoice and receipt for AxCrypt and I wanted to express my total dissatisfaction with its operation. I have been a customer for many years and the operation of the software has steadily gotten worse with each new release. I entertained finding and purchasing new encryption software last year but I have so many files encrypted by AxCrypt I don’t want to lose them, since they would remain encrypted.

I attempted to get support in the past and nothing was resolved, and to be honest, it may have been me that let the support issue lapse because of other priorities. But this time I want to resolve the issue(s), I need a working product!

I currently have AxCrypt 2.1.1647.0 Premium.

I have a 16GB Dell PC running Windows 11 Pro 23H2.

I have tried to encrypt PDF files (usually that’s all I encrypt) 2 ways:

I select a file, or files, to be encrypted in a folder (usually Downloads) by right clicking, selecting AxCrypt, and the selecting Encrypt. I may be successful in encrypting, or I may not, on a single file. On multiple files I may be successful, I may not be successful, or I may be only partially successful.

I have also tried to encrypt multiple files by Adding Secure Folders and picking a folder to secure. That has always partially failed. I have included (file not included here, it was sent via email) a screen shot of the folder I last tried to encrypt.  AxCrypt encrypted 6 files in a folder with 114 total files.

When AxCrypt fails I get no error message or text that it fails, or why it fails. After some time that I feel the app should have completed I check and find it stopped. If I try it again AxCrypt will not run. I have to end the task in Task Manager.

HELP! HELP! HELP!

I need your product to work as advertised. It appears to be the best encryption application for me IF it works as indicated! If you can’t get it working as advertised I’m going to spend this year unencrypting my files and find an application that does work!

#34549 Reply

Charles Parker

As a follow-up I received a response from AxCrypt support and it was almost unintelligible. It did NOT address the issues I sent. Is their support always this bad???

#34550 Reply

Charles Parker

This page just failed trying to post the follow-up. I’ll try again.

As a follow-up I received a response from AxCrypt support and it was almost unintelligible. It did NOT address the issues I sent. Is their support always this bad???

#34569 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Charles ,

“Please avoid sending the same query in different mediums. You may get the duplicate response”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt failing
Your information: