Forums Help & support Axcrypt and Google Drive

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Melvin Pearson

Hello,

I’ve read a few forum post and articles about “Securing Google drive using Axcrypt”. It is presented as a way to secure files in Google Drive, but if i understand it correctly it only works this way if you sync your google drive with your local? So you can not use actually use Axcrypt to secure Files in google drive? or Google Domain?

Just want to clarify.

#21735 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Melvin,

Apologies for the delayed response.

It is presented as a way to secure files in Google Drive, but if i understand it correctly it only works this way if you sync your google drive with your local? –Yes.You can use AxCrypt to secure your files which are all stored in your cloud service like google Drive, Dropbox, one drive, etc..

AxCrypt Cloud Storage Awareness is really just about detecting installed cloud services, creating a “My AxCrypt” folder and then designating the created folder as ‘Secured’. However, the feature is really useful only when the folder is Secured, i.e. monitored for new files to encrypt.

After synchronizing your GoogleDrive files to your local, just encrypt those with the AxCrypt app. Once again sync your local with GoogleDrive.

Note : If we tried to decrypt/encrypt the files which are synched with the cloud storage services(like googledrive and etc), then the cloud service provider/application will need internet to sync the file(s) between your system and the cloud service. So that time we need internet to synch the files.

So you can not use actually use Axcrypt to secure Files in google drive? or Google Domain? — No.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our support via support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt and Google Drive
Your information: