Forums Help & support Automatic sign-out doesn't appear to work

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bern 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bern

Hello,      (Windows 10 Home Edition, Free version of Axcrypt)

My understanding is that Axcrypt should automatically sign out when  1) The screen locker is activated 2) The PC goes into sleep mode. I’ve tested both scenarios and I notice that I still DO NOT have to reenter my password after the screen has been locked or when I ‘wake up’ my PC up after it’s been sleeping. Can I ask:

1) What am I missing?
    2) Is there an option to ‘force’ the user to enter the password every time an encrypted document is accessed?

Thanks

#23987 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Bern,

We have changed the inactivity signout feature to paid subscriptions around three years back.

In the free version inactivity signout feature is disabled only.

Please note: Inactivity Sign Out is s premium feature.

If you need this feature, you need to purchase the same.

AxCrypt 2 works just like your email software or most other password-protected systems. You sign in once and remain signed in until signed out. Just like you can read many emails without entering the password every time, AxCrypt will do the same. The files are still encrypted, but your password is remembered until you sign out of AxCrypt.

AxCrypt stays signed in until signed out, just like most similar applications such as your email. Once signed in, you can read, write and update information without having to re-enter the password, until signed out. AxCrypt will automatically sign out when the screen saver goes active(based on the Inactivity Sign Out configuration), or you can sign out manually.

You can use our Inactivity Sign Out feature, to sign out the AxCrypt app on certain time interval of inactivity. Also you can sign out the AxCrypt app, when opened the encrypted file(s). Now AxCrypt will ask the user to enter the sign in password to sign in to the AxCrypt app. For Inactivity Sign Out, File | Options | Inactivity Sign Out | Choose duration in minutes.

If somebody know your system password, so you can sign-out the AxCrypt app manually.

If someone knows your system or Pc password, so you can sign out the AxCrypt app manually. After that nobody to decrypt the encrypted file without file password.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our support via  support@axcrypt.net.

#23988 Reply

Bern

Thanks for the reply Prabhukumar.

It is disappointing that this feature was removed from the free edition. My view is that automatic sign out after a period of activity  is essential to data security and should be included in the base product. I think this makes the free edition of Axcrypt a flawed product which is a shame as I like all the other aspects of Axcrypt, especially the fact that the product is user friendly. Anyway, that’s just my opinion. I’ll probably look elsewhere. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Automatic sign-out doesn't appear to work
Your information: