Forums Help & support 2.1.1612.0 New Version Updates but won't run.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

msej449

My current version won’t run. It insists on updating to the new version 2.1.1612.0

I run thru the installation cycle and it seems to update OK.

Then when I re-launch I get the message:  ‘The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process’

If I disconnect from the Internet I just get the above message on starting AxCrypt.

I’m now locked out of all my encrypted client files.

#19750 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello msej449,

This might be because of problem with a dot net framework or some other third party applications are not allowing the AxCrypt app to run. Please check your operating system has any pending updates. If any, please update.

Please check whether your operating system has dot net framework 4.5 or above? If not please install the same. You can download the dot net framework here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653 .

Also Please try to check any firewall or antivirus software’s are blocking the AxCrypt app or not? If blocked, please add the AxCrypt app in the app’s whitelist. Then restart your system and install the AxCrypt app.

Please delete the folder (C:\Users\’User Name’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt) to clear the local cache and starts the AxCrypt app like a new.

Then uninstall the AxCrypt app and restart the system then install the latest version of the AxCrypt app You can download the same from our official website: https://www.axcrypt.net/download/ . (if already download, please ignore it).

Now install the AxCrypt app and try to start AxCrypting……

Still, if you are facing any issues, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: 2.1.1612.0 New Version Updates but won't run.
Your information: