Forums Bugs & issues You are already connected with this password

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gabriel

Hello and thanks for your help,

I work for a small non profit who uses the program to be able to crypt confidential files.

Today i modified the content of a crypted file and saved it, then asked my collegue to look at the content to see if he agreed with the changes i made. He oppened the file and couldn’t see the changes i made so we both closed down the file, but now when we try to open the file, the password doesn’t work and the software sends a message telling me that i am already connected with this password.

I have tried reinstalling axcrypt on both computers, but am somewhat at a loss at how to recover the file as we really need it. Every other file opens normally except this one.

Thanks for your help!

#14257 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Gabriel,

AxCrypt will keep track on the opened encrypted files, to update and re-encrypt the same. If we opened the file and updated the contents, then AxCrypt will re-encrypt the updated file.

So after editing the encrypted files, we have to click the broom icon or sign out from the AxCrypt app to re-encrypt the updated files.

We have to close all the instance of the encrypted file(s) opened application.

For example: You opened an encrypted document and updating the document. At the same time, If you have opened another document in the same application, or even if just the application is running without an opened document, AxCrypt can’t be sure enough to actually do the re-encryption.

So we have to close all the opened application instances.

Please explain how to share your Encrypted file to your Colleague? Using Key share features? or send to encrypted file and you shared the file password?

If your are asking any other quires, you can feel free to contact our support via support@axcrypt.net .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: You are already connected with this password
Your information: