Forums Bugs & issues v2 1 1606

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Colin Hoppe

Just installed 2 1 1606 and get  “Exception during processing of xxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Cannot allow encryption with an empty password.  > Cannot allow encryption with an empty password.  (ProcessExit)”

I open a file that is encrypted.  That file opens the program it’s assigned to.  All seems to work fine.  The data looks fine.  Then, when I close the program, the error appears.  The program is Ace Money.

This is how I’ve been opening Ace Money for years and it’s always worked fine with Axcrypt until today.  I’ve no idea what the message refers to.

Any ideas ?

#18054 Reply

Colin Hoppe

A little more info … I’ve just seen 2 more versions of the message

(SessionChange)   and (WorkFolderchange)  instead of (ProcessExit)

What is it complaining about ?

#18161 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Colin Hoppe,

AxCrypt will not encrypt .tmp file.

AxCrypt app tries to re-encrypt the file that time you have to sign out or Automatically sign out from the AxCrypt app.  so you will get the dialog ”cannot allow..”.

Please check that time you have a sign-in to the AxCrypt app or not? Please sign in to the AxCrypt app and check some other files.

(SessionChange)   and (WorkFolderchange)  instead of (ProcessExit) What is it complaining about ?  -Please explain more about the issue and contact to our support team support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you to resolve the same.

#18166 Reply

Colin Hoppe

I’m not sure whether what you suggest is relevant.  None of the files were new.

However, I can probably tell you something more about what happened …

I’ve been using Axcrypt for years and it’s been fine.

I simply installed this new version without uninstalling the old version.  This has worked fine previously, but for this new version, something is different and this is why it gave me error messages.

Anyone installing from scratch, with the new version, has to (not quite sure I remember correctly now, but …) create an account and provide an an email address.

Well I already had an account from years back, but the problems went away after I logged in (which I never do ordinarily) – and probably gave or confirmed, my email address.

In other words, the new version expects something that previous versions did not ie an account and a need to log in.

Since I logged in, the error messages stopped and it’s all been fine.

#18200 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Colin Hoppe

You cannot have both AxCrypt 1.x and 2.x installed at the same time/system. Please uninstall the old version(1.x) and restart the system then use the latest version(2.x). Now check the same again. still, if you have a problem, please write the email to support@axcrypt.net with detailed information and a screenshot.

AxCrypt 1.x and 2.x are compatible in the sense that 2.x can open all files secured with 1.x.

Files secured with AxCrypt 2.x are not possible to open with AxCrypt 1.x.

Anyone installing with the new version, to create an account and provide an email address. The email address is mandatory for the latest version(2.x).

#18203 Reply

Colin Hoppe

I haven’t been on v1 for a very long time.

I simply went from 2 1 1598 to 2 1  1606

#18205 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Colin Hoppe

I Hope, Your problem was resolved.

If not, please send the complete error report with some screenshots of the exceptions, so that we will try to troubleshoot the same as soon as possible.

You can also send the complete error report to troubleshoot the issue. Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/. Also please write the email to our support team support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

#19226 Reply

Allan Ekengren

I have got the same error message since the last two upgrades.

I followed Colin Hoppe’s recommendation (Thanks) by doing a clean install (AxCrypt-2.1.1611.0), that solved the problem.

It must be some installation bugs when updating from the previous versions.

#19261 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Allan Ekengren,

Good to know you managed to install and use the latest version of AxCrypt.

We are sorry to hear that installing new version causing issues, we will investigate more about the issue and fix it in the upcoming versions of the AxCrypt app.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our support via support@axcrypt.net .

#20848 Reply

Peter

Yes, same here and exact same issues. Will try to do a clean install as well and see if the problem persists. Something was messed up with the new AxCrypt version. Actually one file I have been opening and closing (excel) have been functioning well even with this constant and annoying error message but today when I opened it I only see a really old (like 2 weeks old) version of it, even though it gets updated every day. Pissed :-(

#20898 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello peter,

We are tried to re-recreate the latest version installation problem/issue with our local environment, But not able to re-create the same.

when you install the latest version of the AxCrypt app, do you have face any issue when installing the AxCrypt app future version, Please take backup this folder C:\Users\username(xxx)\Appdata\Local\AxCrypt. Please send the backup file to our support team(support@axcrypt.net). we will investigate the same.

Excel -file:

AxCrypt will keep track on the opened encrypted files, to update and re-encrypt the same. If we opened the file and updated the contents, then AxCrypt will re-encrypt the updated file.

So after editing the encrypted files, we have to click the broom icon or sign out from the AxCrypt app to re-encrypt the updated files. We have to close all the instance of the encrypted file(s) opened application.

And the AxCrypt app will be checking whether the opened file and the corresponding application are closed or not? If closed, then the AxCrypt app will automatically update the contents of the file and re-encrypt the same.

Actually, we have to close the file opened application completely, to update and re-encrypt the file. Sometimes, we have to manually click the red Broom icon, to clean and update the pending files.

For example: You opened an encrypted document and updating the document. At the same time, If you have opened another document in the same application, or even if just the application is running without an opened document, AxCrypt can’t be sure enough to actually do the re-encryption.

So we have to close all the opened application instances. If you closed all the instances.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our support via support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: v2 1 1606
Your information: