Forums Bugs & issues The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 6 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Felgryn E

Although i have used AxCrypt for close to a year and have had no issues, for the past two days, i have this error when i try and start AxCrypt:

AxCrypt failed to start. All Settings cleared.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

This error occurred after the upgrade to Version 2.1.1618.0 – this is the only system change. There have been no new software installations or third-party applications that have been added as this is a corporate server we seek to keep very stable. I can not identify any processes accessing these files. I have reinstalled and rebooted multiple times. I’ve gone through the forums and tried the various recommendations – it seems this is a recurrent theme in forums with no posted resolution that i can find. I have tried some of the suggestions including going into C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local and deleting the AxCrypt folder – reinstalling and rebooting. Also turned off firewall and file security precautions. Continue to get the same error. This is a blocking error – i can not decrypt about 50 Gbyte of data on our corporate server. I sent a note to support through my account but have not heard back. Right now – can not access any of our encrypted files. They are bricked. Any suggestions?

#26547 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Felgryn,

We have responded to your support email.

“Please avoid sending a same query in different mediums. You may get duplicate response”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
Your information: