Forums Help & support suggestion for renaming files to original

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John

on windows axcrypt provides options when i right click the file and go for axcrpyt type like encrypt,secure delete and rename. But the rename option only changes the unencrpyted name to encrypted. So when i do the rename option for a file which the name is already renamed(encryped) it  just encrypts it to different encrypted name but  there is no option to unencrpyt it. So when i click rename button on the file which is already encrypted to decrpyt to original would be so good. thanks!!

#29807 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello John,

Thanks for your suggestion.

AxCrypt allows you to rename the encrypted files into random names to hide the file name from others.

We can hide the file names with random name, by using the Anonymous Rename feature. AxCrypt app having a feature called Anonymous Rename, This feature helps us to rename the selected encrypted files into random numbers(The original file name can’t be seen).

To rename the encrypted files to random: Use the menu option File | Anonymous Rename in the AxCrypt app and select the files. Now we can see the selected files renamed into random numbers.

We can also do the same from the windows explorer by select the folder or file(s) and choose the right click context menu options AxCrypt | Rename .

We can restore the renamed files into original name by decrypting those encrypted files or using the menu option File|Rename to Original in the AxCrypt.

If you are asking any Queries, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: suggestion for renaming files to original
Your information: