Forums Community some suggestions for AxCrypt

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Barkeley 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Svante
    Spectator

Hi Barkeley,

What you get with “AxCrypt.2.1.NNNN.0.exe” is the “self-contained, stand-alone, fully-featured executable” I mention. You put this on a USB stick + your encrypted files, and you have a the same thing as before, but much better since you now have full AxCrypt instead of just the ‘decrypt’ option with the self-decrypting version.

However, right now there’s a little caveat that will be fixed asap in that you do need to run it on a computer where you’ve registered once. We’ll fix that.

#3836 Reply

Tobbyhush

Hi,

I noticed that the application has low verbose logging, it doesn’t show the actual file that’s being encrypted, nor the list of pending files. Also, the progress bar when encrypting files it’s always rolling back (I wonder if its happening because it didn’t discover all the files to process at the beginning).

Also, I’d put some option to consume less resources, even if it goes slowly. Because normally it lets my system almost unusable for some minutes, and I’m not working on a low performance PC. (i7-2600 + SSD + 8GB RAM).

Thank you for this amazing application!

#3896 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Tobbyhush!

Thanks for your input.

The problem about showing progress is a complicated one, partially because we do things in paralell, so there’s often more than one file being processed at a time. Even so it can be improved, and we will.

Your resource question concerns me. What version are you using? Can you send a screen shot of the main window when it is in this situation?

Svante

#4918 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Earlier this week we released AxCrypt Mobile for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.axcrypt.axcrypt2x

We also just released AxCrypt Mobile for iOS.

Thank you for your support.

Enjoy!

#4933 Reply

Barkeley

Great news indeed!!! Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: some suggestions for AxCrypt
Your information: