Forums Help & support recovered files

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Laka

Hi,

I have some .axx files that I deleted by mistake. I got the fully recovered but some of them I can not decrypt. Do you know how can I open them? video and pics as well.

#14073 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Laka,

I am sorry to say, If the recovered encrypted file is corrupted then AxCrypt will not able to decrypt the same.

But we have a feature called Try Broken File. You can try to decrypt the corrupted AxCrypt encrypted files by navigating the menu File | Options | enable Debug from the AxCrypt app.

Now you are able to see the Debug the menu in the AxCrypt app. From the debug menu you have to choose Try Broken File menu option.

Now you will be prompted for file selection. Select the corrupted encrypted file and then AxCrypt will try to decrypt the file. If successfully decrypted, then you are able to see the decrypted file in the file location. Otherwise, AxCrypt can’t decrypt the same.

#14077 Reply

Laka

Hi,

Thanks for the quick respons. it does not work for me I have the 1.7.3180.1

Do i need to upgrade?

Thanks

#14079 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Laka,

Yes, you need to upgrade the Axcrypt 2.x version.

You can download the AxCrypt app latest version from our official website: https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/ .

Now install the AxCrypt app in your system then Sign in to the AxCrypt app with your AxCrypt credentials.

You cannot have both AxCrypt 1.x and 2.x installed at the same system.

Please note: AxCrypt 2.x use a single sign on model where the same password is used to sign in to our servers and to protect your files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: recovered files
Your information: