Forums Bugs & issues Progress Bar missing in 2.1.1617

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Sylvester

Hi,

You have been promising a real progress bar for years but seem to have gone backward in 2.1.1617.  The (not very good) bar that was in ‘advanced’ on the previous version seems to have gone.  There doesn’t seem to be any indication at all that Axcrypt is doing anything till it is done.  This surely is a bug?

Cheers

#20878 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Sylvester,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

In the latest version of the AxCrypt app, we are disabling the progress bar. we are working on the same.

It will be released the upcoming version of the AxCrypt app.

#20879 Reply

Sylvester

You’ll forgive me if I don’t entirely believe this. I (and a lot of others) first asked about this 4 years ago. In fact, a year ago you said:

March 3, 2020 at 07:30#15463REPLY

Prabhukumar R
    Hello Mark,

We are working on the issue. the progress bar issue is almost completed, waiting for under the review process.so this issue will release soon.

Still, that feature is not released. It will be released soon in the upcoming versions of the AxCrypt app.

It doesn’t seem too difficult to do. The software must know how many files it has to progress (if not, it’s trivial to work out) and how many it’s progressed through. I don’t need a millisecond accurate timer, just a graphical indication that I’ve encrypted 50% of the files so far. It’s incredible it’s taken so long.

#20880 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Sylvester,

We have released the progress bar in the last version, before 2 or 3 versions. but I don’t remember the exact date for the release of the progress bar.

you can check the screenshot in the link https://forum.axcrypt.net/forums/topic/encrypting-large-folder-structure-how-to-knwo-when-done/#post-18452

for some reason, we are disabling the progress bar in the latest version.

#20889 Reply

Sylvester

Yes, that was the not very good version, but at least it was something. It wasn’t really a progress bar either. It only showed progress encrypting the file it was working on, not the overall task (as in, how far through the task of encrypting multiple files it was). It was basically a light saying ‘I’m doing something’.

#20976 Reply

rico

I agree with Sylvester: I am using version  2.1.1617 and it is very annoying not to have a Progress Bar. Can this please be fixed?

Thank you.

#21004 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello rico

Now, We fix this Progress Bar in our local environment. The fix is in the testing stage. It will be deployed as soon as possible.

#21041 Reply

rico

Hi Prabhukumar,

Thank you for the update. I just update Axcrypt to 2.1.1618.0 and the Progress Bar is still not available. The lack of this most basic of features is a bit disconcerting. When will the fix be available?

Regards,

–rico

#21060 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello rico,

I had already explained, The fix is in the testing stage. It will be deployed as soon as possible. we don’t sure when to release the next version.
    we will release it as soon as possible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Progress Bar missing in 2.1.1617
Your information: