Forums Help & support Password problems

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sue Rivas

I had AxCrypt installed on my previous laptop and it worked well. I got a new computer a few months ago and for the first time since I got it, I tried today to decrypt a tax file. When I right-clicked on the filename, I didn’t see the usual AxCrypt/Decrypt option. I went to your website and tried to sign in but I didn’t have the password (which is weird, because I have ALL my passwords in LastPass but there was no entry for AxCrypt! No idea why not, unless AxCrypt didn’t used to require one). Anyway, I reset the password and made a new one. Now I can access my account but I didn’t have AxCrypt installed on the new laptop, so I downloaded and installed it. Now I have the AxCrypt/Decrypt option when I right-click my .axx files, but they won’t decrypt — it says I’m using the wrong password!

Am I screwed? I really need to get to these tax files. Is there anything that can fix this?

#26275 Reply

Ian Fisher

I am having the same problem. I have all my old passwords used for encryption but they do not work! Error: “Invalid password”

#26302 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Ian Fisher,

We have responded to your support email.

“Please avoid sending a same query in different mediums. You may get the duplicate response”

We usually respond during office hours within a day. Our time is UTC+5:30.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Password problems
Your information: