Forums Bugs & issues Loss of axx files.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Zoltan Schreck

After I was viewing an axx file, called up from a folder that held all axx files, I attempted to sign out. Instead of signing out, I got an error message saying that the address of the axx  file I have been using doesn’t exist.  The axx files normally were located in a folder of a USB drive, and now I  found that this folder disappeared from the system completely. Other folders on the same USB drive kept being accessible.

It means that except files on the ‘recent files’ list, and backup location  C:\Users\Zoltan\App Data\Roaming\Microsoft\Word I lost all axx files.

It is pointless to speculate, but the only explanation I could come up with is that pressing the ‘Open Secured ‘ button didn’t actually open the axx folder, so it remained invisible. Another failure that might be related is the partial or complete removal of axx files from the ‘Recent Files’ without being requested.

#23259 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Zoltan Schreck,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Open Secured- this feature is used to open the encrypted file.

AxCrypt is a file encryption software. But AxCrypt has a feature called Secured Folder which provides the convenience to the users, to secure more than one files in a single operation. You can encrypt the Drive/disk folder/file(S) using AxCrypt Secured folder features.

AxCrypt Secured Folder:  — AxCrypt secures files, individually. However, you can designate folders as ‘secured’. The folders will be monitored for new files, and AxCrypt will secure all new files with a single click, or when you sign out.

I think you have to click the File|Option|Clear All settings and reset or switch user or local cache files. that is the reason your recent file are cleared. otherwise, AxCrypt does not disappear the files.

If the above doesn’t help, Please explain the more detailed(step by step) information about the issue also some screenshots. we are trying to find the issue and fix the issue as soon as possible. Also you can write an email to our support team support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Loss of axx files.
Your information: