Forums Community local password v online login

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

steven lane

I am confused about how to change my local password. I changed my online password thinking it would change the password I use to open files on my PC – not so. So it seems I now have two passwords and whenever I open a file on my PC it get a warning about local passwords and get taken to the online site. I assume there is a way of changing my local passwords without having to open every file it is used with and reset it? How do I change the password for local files please in line with the new password I set up to access the online site?

#37091 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello steven lane,

Please try to clear the AxCrypt local contents by using the AxCrypt file menu File | Options | Clear All Settings & Restart or clicking the switch user button in the sign in dialog

Now, Please use your latest password to sign in with the AxCrypt app(internet enabled) without any issues.

We will explain more about, what is the local mode?

You might be used your old AxCrypt password(which is different from the one that is exists in our account server) to sign in to the AxCrypt app.

If users used an old AxCrypt account password to sign in with the AxCrypt app, then the AxCrypt app will warn the user with local mode warning text.

You can also use the AxCrypt app in local mode. But the currently used sign in password will be used to encrypt the files. We do not suggest the users to use it in local mode, unless any special cases.

Still, if you are facing any issues, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

#37099 Reply

steven lane

Hi Prabhukumar – thanks so much for your reply.

I followed your instructions and I cleared and updated the password on my app (PC). If I don’t open the app first – if instead I just click on a file I can open it with the old password still. If I open the App first – it seems I can use the old or the new password (the latter if I open a file from within the APP). Does that make sense?

#37100 Reply

steven lane

Hi Prabhukumar

Thanks so much for your reply. I reset my password on the App on my PC as you instructed.

I can still open files with the old password if I click on them without the App being open.

If the App is open I can use the new password if I open files within the APP

Does that makes sense?

#37103 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello steven lane,

Please read this Froums https://forum.axcrypt.net/forums/topic/whats-happen-if-i-change-password/ about change passwords.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: local password v online login
Your information: