Forums Help & support Error message pop-ups after I deleted some files

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mike 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mike

I deleted some files and directories which at the time were encrypted since I no longer needed those files.  Now every time I open an encrypted file I get error message pop-ups stating “Unexpected Error!”  “Exception during processing of ‘Could not find file ‘<file name of file I deleted>’ [Exception during processing of ‘unknown’.] .  I have rebooted the computer since, but errors keep popping up.  Please let me know how to clear what ever is keeping information about my encrypted files to stop getting these errors.

Thank you,

Mike

#29833 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Mike,

You can try this. Please check the folder(C:\Users\’User Name’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt). If you found any subfolders inside the AxCrypt folder, take a back up of those folders. Then clean the local cache by the below described way.

Please delete the folder (C:\Users\’User Name’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt) to clear the local cache and starts the AxCrypt app like a new.

Then uninstall the AxCrypt app and restart the system then install the latest version of AxCrypt app.

If the above doesn’t help, please write an email to our support team support@axcrypt.net.

#29872 Reply

Mike

Thanks Prabhukumar, I finally had time to reinstall and reboot and issue appears to be gone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Error message pop-ups after I deleted some files
Your information: