Forums Community Encryption process

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Coleen

Hi,

I am just wondering: when a file is encrypted, is the original file hidden or deleted or…? Does axCrypt create a new file on the hard drive and at the same time wipe the original one ? If this is the case, I assume it needs to “write” twice on the hard drive. Am I correct ?

Thank you

#29582 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Coleen,

AxCrypt app will create an exact copy of the encrypting file and securely deletes the original file after encrypting the copied file.

If you are asking any Queries, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

#29588 Reply

Coleen

Hi Prabhukumar,

thank you for your quick reply. Does that affect the life-span of the hard drive, even if minimally ?

#29593 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Coleen,

Does that affect the life-span of the hard drive, even if minimally? — No. AxCrypt just encrypts/decrypts the files.

#29632 Reply

Coleen

Hi Prabhukumar,

thank you. but does encryptybg /encrypting happen by wrting on the hard drive all the time ?

#29636 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Coleen,

AxCrypt application will not encrypt/decrypt files automatically. Without user interaction AxCrypt application will not encrypt/decrypt the file in the user’s system. If you encrypt the file/folder, you will encrypt the file manually.

#29642 Reply

Coleen

Hi,

I do not understand : when Axcrypt encrypts /decrypts a file and wipes it, does this happen by writing on the hard drive?

#29653 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Coleen,

As we said previously AxCrypt is just a tool to encrypt/decrypt files.

AxCrypt app will create an exact copy of the encrypted file and securely deletes the original file after encrypting the copied file.

If you are asking any Queries, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Encryption process
Your information: