Forums Help & support Can't open encrypted file even though I know the correct password

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Stefan

Hello, I started having some serious problems with Axcrypt starting from yesterday.

First less serious problem is that I couldn’t login to the account even though I had the correct password. So I changed it, and now I can login, but not every time. It still says wrong password sometimes, and eventually it works.

But the biggest problem is that I can’t open my secured passwords file. It says wrong password even though I know 100% it is correct, since I can open older backups of the file with the same password. But the backups are too old, so I would lose a lot of important passwords if the file got corrupted somehow.

How can I open the file if it has this problem?

#23082 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Stefan,

We have literally hundreds of thousands of users a succeed in signing in, both using the app and the web.

I think you perhaps are not careful enough when you type the password – or you are not aware that upper and lower case characters are different, and spaces and accents are significant when typing the password.

I suggest you use the ‘show password’ option in both the web and the app, and ensure that what is type is truly identical. This means having the same casing, the same spacing, the same umlauts and accents etc. The following passwords are all different:

Not4real!Secrets

not4real!Secrets

not4real! Secrets

nôt4real!Secrets

not4real!Sècrets

AxCrypt will allow the users to decrypt the encrypted file with the original password which is used for encryption.

If the file was encrypted with a different password than your sign in password, then you have to enter the file password while viewing/decrypting the encrypted file.

Still, you are facing any issue, please provide detailed information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net. We are happy to help you.

#23083 Reply

Stefan

Hello, I also didn’t have problems so far, like others, but like I said I am 100% certain the password is correct since I have several other encrypted documents, and backups with the same password and they all work, this is the only exception, my most recent document. I will try to contact support.

#23091 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Stefan,

We have responded to your support email. Please check the same.

“Please avoid sending a same query in different mediums. You may get duplicate response”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Can't open encrypted file even though I know the correct password
Your information: