Forums Help & support Can't encrypt folders

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dan

Hi,

When I click right on a folder I wish to encrypt I can go down to Axcrypt and then click “Encrypt” but nothing happens and the contents (word documents and subfolders) of the folder are still openly accessible (I have the “include subfolders” option activated). However, when I click on, e. g., a word document inside (any of the) folder(s), I am able to encrypt it. What I also noticed is that when I try to encrypt a document, the word” Encrypt” in the drop-down menu is in bold, whereas when I try to encrypt a folder it isn’t.

Could someone help? Thanks!
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

#30414 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Dan,

If you select the file and right-click to choose AxCrypt then selected the Encrypt option to encrypt the files, AxCrypt knows that it’s a file – so AxCrypt show the bold font.

If you select the folder and right-click to choose AxCrypt then selected the Encrypt option, AxCrypt does not know that it’s a folder, AxCrypt encrypts the folder inside the files only – so Axcrypt shows the normal font.

AxCrypt secures files, individually. However, you can designate folders as ‘secured’. The folders will be monitored for new files, and AxCrypt will secure all new files with a single click, or when you sign out.

If the above doesn’t help, please provide more information about the issue and some screenshots and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Can't encrypt folders
Your information: