Forums Bugs & issues BUG: 260 character max limit error message

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LauraaccoN 3 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Rob Whittlesey

We are using the Premium version of the AxCrypt and get the following error…

Exception during processing of ”. [The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. (WatchFolderAdded)]

This is the EXACT error. The path and filename should obviously be displayed within the quotes ” but it is blank. Can you fix this as it is preventing the encryption system from working and we don’t know where to start looking for the problem as the quotes are empty?

#11213 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Rob,

Sorry to hear this.

We already identified and fixed this issue. It will reflected in the upcoming version of the AxCrypt app.

Please avoid long names for the encrypted/encrypting files.

#11359 Reply

Rob Whittlesey

If this has been fixed, when is the next update due for release?

#11360 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Rob,

I have shared the latest version of the AxCrypt application to your email address via wetransfer. Please download and install the same.

If you didn’t received the email or facing issues, please write a mail to support@axcrypt.net. Because you are using(going to use) the development version.

#11495 Reply

Jamie WIlliams

I’m getting the same error as above. Can I get the fix please?
    It was working absolutely fine until about a week ago.
    I’m on version 2.1.1560.0

#12024 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Apologies for the long delay.

We do have released the latest version of AxCrypt 2. Please download the app from our website https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/ and start AxCrypting…

#13292 Reply

Mark

I am having the same issue and I just downloaded the latest build today: version 2.1.1573.0

Here is the entry from the Error Report Snapshot (with filename/path removed):

———– Exception at 2019-02-22 22:26:07Z ———–
    *:\*******.axx
    Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Runtime.FileOperationException: Can’t create DataStore. —> System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
    at System.IO.PathHelper.GetFullPathName()
    at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
    at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
    at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(String fileName, Boolean checkHost)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Mono.DataStore..ctor(String path)
    — End of inner exception stack trace —
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Mono.DataStore..ctor(String path)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Mono.RuntimeEnvironment.<>c.<RegisterTypeFactories>b__0_8(String path)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Abstractions.TypeResolve.CreateInternal[TArgument,TResult](TArgument argument)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.EncryptFilePreparationAsync(IDataStore sourceFileInfo)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<RunSequentiallyAsync>d__73.MoveNext()
    — End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DoFileAsync>d__72.MoveNext()

#13306 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Mark,

AxCrypt does not support the specific path, file name, folder name, or both are too long(more than the default size) as per the Windows operating system policies. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

For more information https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/desktop/FileIO/naming-a-file#MAXPATH and https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fc85630e-5684-4df6-ad2f-5a128de3deef/260-character-explorer-path-length-limit .

#13640 Reply

Jamie Yates

Sounds like windows issue. You could also use longpathtool. It handles this types of errors. Just rename your folder pathes.
    Worked for me.

#18059 Reply

noireMoind

Hello! I am the proprietor of [url=https://chillhempire.com/]Chill Hempire Hemp and CBD Mag[/url] and I’m looking out for CBD product reviewers. We consistently receive CBD product lines such as CBD Vaping, CBD Condiments as well as CBD Beard Care and need people to review CBD items on our website. Please allow me to know whether anybody at axcrypt.net is interested in turning into a CBD products critic with our magazine. Many thanks.

#18553 Reply

Mark Shaffer

I recently tried to reinstall Axcrypt and the program will not run. It seemed to install and uninstall fast. It will not open even as an administrator. A repair does not work. I have many passwords encrypted by Axcryt and now cannot access them. Please help

#18559 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Mark Shaffer,

Do you have any screenshots? If yes, Please you can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand.

Are you getting any exceptions or error messages while using the AxCrypt app? If yes, what type of exception or error message you are getting? Please share the details of that exception or error message. We are investigating the problem and solve the problem as soon as possible.

please provide detailed information about the issue and screenshot also, write an email to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: BUG: 260 character max limit error message
Your information: