Forums Help & support Backup Encryption Key(s)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SunnyNonsense 5 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

SunnyNonsense

AxCrypt seems to be working fine for me and I am happy to continue with this service until that changes. However, I am one who is concerned with what-if’s and the what-if I would like to address is what happens if the AxCrypt service is just one day discontinued? I would like to have my encryption keys backed up so that I may change to another service (in that scenario), but I don’t see a clear way of exporting these. I will admit, I am not very encryption savvy, but from what I’ve read something encrypted with one software can be decrypted by another piece of software as long as they are using the same encryption algorithm. I’m just looking to make that possible should the worst happen. Thank you for your help.

#37065 Reply

John

H0w do I hide the information I put into AxCript without it being immediately available to sight

#37066 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello John,

If your encrypted file is shown in the AxCryp app’s recent file list. Please remove the file in the recent file list using “Remove from list but keep secured” or File|option|Hide Recent files.

If the above doesn’t help, Please provide more detailed information about the issue and a screenshot, Also write an email to Support@axcrypt.net

#37318 Reply

SunnyNonsense

Hi Prabhukumar, it seems Mr. John came in here and derailed the real question with what looks to me to be a totally unrelated one. Would you mind looking at the original post and letting me know how I can be comfortable about the security of my backups? Thank you, sir.

#37647 Reply

SunnyNonsense

Can anyone offer any help here? If I can’t get it figured out, I will likely switch to a different software.

#37742 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello SunnyNonsense,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, if AxCrypt discontinued its service, what will happen?

1) The AxCrypt app works offline to open/decrypt all of your encrypted files – still you can use the AxCrypt app with limited features in offline. So your files will be safe. Don’t worry about your data.

2) If you don’t have the AxCrypt software, you can download the build from wellknown reseller websites.

3) Yes, You can always backup your keys from the AxCrypt app windows version via File menu > Key Management > Export AxCrypt ID secret with sharing and access keys.

4) AxCrypt encrypted files can be decrypted only with the AxCrypt app. No other apps can decrypt the AxCrypt app encrypted files. Because each encryption softwares using their own encryption algorithm on top of the AES. And AxCrypt encrypted files has an unique file extension .axx and that’s our own file structure. So First need to decrypt all the files before going to use another encryption solution.

Still, if you are facing any issues, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

#37779 Reply

SunnyNonsense

<p>Prabhukumar, thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.</p>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Backup Encryption Key(s)
Your information: