Forums Help & support .axx files still showing in windows explorer search

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kev

Having decrypted all my files and removed any remaining files I have long forgotten the password for, a windows explorer search for *.axx files still shows a great many. Both explorer and axcrypt say the file is not there if I try to open it, and it doesn’t show in the folder the search says it is in. Any thoughts? Thanks.

#20301 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Kev,

In your system “Recent file” view is tracking for windows not for AxCrypting.

We found the below link in the internet to resolve your issues, (how do clear the recent file )

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-the-recent-file-from-the-photos-app/1187d8b7-b7f7-43d6-802c-920444f4e78b

Please check the above links and try to resolve the issue, if you are agree/ok with the solution. Or please check with your system administrator for more help(s). We do not guarantee about others support answers. But we are just helping the user to verify and resolve the issue.

Still, you are facing any query, please provide detailed information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net. We are happy to help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: .axx files still showing in windows explorer search
Your information: