Forums Bugs & issues AxCrypt running very slow

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laury Friese 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Chris Dal Pra

Installed AxCrypt several months ago and it ran great. Now it is running incredibly slow. I have updated, but it still runs slow and often times stops following encrypting a file. Wondering if this is related to a Windows update issue or if others have experienced this same problem.

#16664 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Chris Dal Pra,

Please avoid sending a same query in different mediums. You may get duplicate response.

AxCrypt will work based on number of files, its size and user’s system configuration. If we are trying to secure large sized files in the lower configuration system, then AxCrypt will take some time to complete the process.

AxCrypt decrypts the encrypted file and helps to open the same with the corresponding application(s). AxCrypt performs as much as faster based on the user’s system configuration and the file size and file count.

Due to file size is too big or does not have a valid location access or slow network configuration, AxCrypt will take some more time to finish the decryption/ encryption.

When we open the encrypted files, AxCrypt will temporarily decrypt the encrypted files and try to open the decrypted file in the corresponding application which was mapped in the operating system

For example: if you open the video file, AxCrypt just decrypts the files only. After that video files are opening in the Corresponding Application only. So Corresponding application only takes a time to open the files.

still, if you are facing any issue please contact our support support@axcrypt.net

#20398 Reply

Lewis Davies

MAJOR SLOWDOWN OF AXCRYPT!

Hello

Our situation is exactly the same as Chris Dal Pra, above.

As I am very techo orientated and have many years experience with various models of Win OS PC’s, numerous Android devices and the gradual transition to the OS of Win 10, 64 bit, frankly, Prabhukumar R, I think your response is lacking is actual & useful substance.

Most users would have a reasonably large volume of files (of differing types) and some would be orientated towards videos/games etc. Our small network is business based, very new Intel Nucs with high specs, about 3TB of software & data files stored on SSD. These data files are not individually huge and are mainly Word, Excel & PDF based.

Based on our configuration and usage, I think your explanation is not correct, as evidenced by the much faster opening speed for Non-encrypted files versus when opening Axcrypt encrypted files.

This slowness was not happening until about 4-6 months ago, so I suggest that it is your company that is causing the slowness issue, probably through a change in your software configuration.

This major slowdown is causing so much frustration that we have been looking at alternative encryption software, including NordLocker.

We do not want to leave the “Axcrypt family” as I think overall it is “on the right track”.

Please provide a much more appropriate response, including suggestions that will greatly improve the file opening speed of various file types!

Thank you.

Lewis Davies

#21176 Reply

Anonymous

It was working great till few days ago, now it became extremely slow.  I am switching to another software…

#21183 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Anonymous,

AxCrypt will work based on number of files, its size and user’s system configuration. If we are trying to secure large sized files in the lower configuration system, then AxCrypt will take some time to complete the process.

AxCrypt performs as much as faster based on the user’s system configuration and the file size.

We are going to start working on the App optimization issues. So users will get the optimized version of the AxCrypt app in the near future.

#31544 Reply

Peter Gregory

Prabhukumar:

You are not taking this situation seriously. AxCrypt is taking way too long to respond to input – any input.  Unless you address this problem urgently, your customers will quickly disappear.

Peter Gregory

#31546 Reply

Fred

Hello Axcrypt

your site has been degraded for about a week.

I have already downloaded my secrets.

Tomorrow I shall have to look for a new home for them.

#31551 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Peter & Fred ,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We are working on it – soon it will be resolved.

Once again sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are asking any Queries, please write us at support@axcrypt.net.

#33256 Reply

Coby Brian

It’s possible that the slowdown in AxCrypt could stem from various causes, including compatibility issues with recent Windows updates or system conflicts. Checking for system updates and reinstalling AxCrypt might help. To further diagnose, reaching out to their support or community forums could provide insights.

Next >> Iron Order 1919

#33257 Reply

Coby Brian

I’m sorry to hear about the slowdown with AxCrypt. It could potentially be related to compatibility issues arising from recent Windows updates. Check the system’s performance or try reinstalling the software. Regarding shared experiences, you might find helpful insights on tech forums or sites like emulatorpc.com/solar-smash-2d/.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: AxCrypt running very slow
Your information: