Forums Help & support Axcrypt not in list when right click mouse

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  T J Green 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

T J Green

I recently had a crash of my W10 Pro, Ver.21H1, and reinstalled it. I then reinstalled Axcrypt 2.1.1618.0 Free which I have been using for many years. I was not interested in the password manager development when it came as I already was happy with the one I was using. I particularly like the mouse right click which brings up option of encrypt / secure delete and enables multiple selections.

Now when I try to decrypt an encrypted file Axcrypt is not available as a right click. I can open the file and then save it but I cannot encrypt it again. I can now only deal with one file at a time.

Help please; I have 100+ files encrypted with Axcrypt.

#23824 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello T J Green,

Please check whether you are using the AxCrypt portable version or installed version? also Please explain which AxCrypt version do you have used?

Currently, the AxCrypt right-click context menu is available only in the windows (Installer) version of the AxCrypt app. You can see the same by installing the latest version of the AxCrypt app in your windows system.

If you are using AxCrypt installed version to check the control panel? AxCrypt app are install or not?

If not means, I think you had to install a portable version in your system. (not sure)

Download the latest version of the AxCrypt app from our official website (https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/ ).

Still, if you are facing any issues, please provide more information about the issue and some screenshot and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net

#23829 Reply

T J Green

Thanks for response.

For future reference for other users I decided to try uninstalling / reinstalling and was given the option of Repair. I clicked, ran through the process and logged out/in and everything was fine.

Forum help is always appreciated however in this case it would be better if the Moderator read my text.

“Please explain which AxCrypt version do you have used?” { I then reinstalled Axcrypt 2.1.1618.0 Free }

“the AxCrypt right-click context menu is available only in the windows (Installer) version of the AxCrypt app.” [the query was about the right click disappearing. I must therefore have been using the windows (Installer) version]

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt not in list when right click mouse
Your information: