Forums Help & support axcrypt bruteforce on .exe axcrypt files

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ian wilson

Hello all.

I’m trying to recover a password from an Axcrypt Self-decrypter file (from 2006, version 1.6.3.0) using the AxBruteForce-2.1.569.0.exe provided as is by you guys, the official site.

I meet a question because the Axbruteforce program asks for an Axcrypt file selection (*.axx) to work but, as my file is an self-decrypter, i’m only able to point to my *.exe file (where, i guess, the *.axx file is embedded).

I remember  the 5 first letters i used for this 9 characters long passwrd.

Any tips i could use to deblock the  situation ? Cheers by advance ;))

#16238 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello ian wilson,

We cannot provide support beyond this.

If you know the file password(which was used in the file encryption process) to decrypt/open the encrypted file. Otherwise, Without file password nobody to decrypt the encrypted file.

AxCrypt is a file encryption software with no backdoor. That means, Nobody can decrypt the encrypted files without the file password used in the file encryption. This is the way AxCrypt app was designed.

#16242 Reply

ian wilson

Hello Prabhukumar !

My question was not about the password but about the purpose of Axcryptbruteforce.

1/ Axcrypt =produces=> an encrypted file, with a password

2/ Axcryptbruteforce =does=> check “random” passwords against an encrypted file in order to match the decrypt

My question was : when Axcrypt =produces=> a Self-extracting.exe* , is it even possible to use Axcryptbruteforce onto it ?

*Not only a ‘passive’ encrypted file but also the .exe that allows to self-decrypt it ; it’s your product, i guess you understand what i’m talking about, right ? :)

Cheers.

#16457 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello ian wilson,

Apologies for the delayed response.

.exe file not possible to use Axcryptbruteforce onto it.

Latest Axcryptbruteforce having a small issue. we are working on it. it will be fixed and update soon.

#16510 Reply

ian wilson

Thank you for the answer.

#20660 Reply

bina

Thanks for help.

#31605 Reply

Marc Lapierre

Hi, I use Axcrypt since 2015 on Windows. For years now. when I clic on my encrypt files, a windows pop-up asking for a password. I enter the password and my file were decrypt. But recently, for some reasons, I log out of the app and when I clic on my encrypted files, a windows pop-up asking me a password to LOG IN. Unfortunatly the password i use to devrypt the files dont work here.

If I reset this application password, do the “file” password gonna still work? Because you put a warning when I tried to reset saying that I wont be able to decrypt my actual files. It’s not clear to me. That would mean that even if I know the file password, changing the app password will lock my files forever? There is in fact 2 passwords? The files password result in different encryption depending on the app password?

The documentation dont really help me here. Could you just explain it clearly to me please? I did not requested the app password yet.

I saw that a bruteforce tool exist and since i know approximatively the caracter i used, it would be a usefull tool but I did not find any downloading link. Could you give me one please?

Thank you

ML

#31606 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Marc,

AxCrypt will allow the users to decrypt the encrypted file with the original password which is used for encryption.

If the file was encrypted with a different password than your sign-in password, then you have to enter the file password while viewing/decrypting the encrypted file.

For example: Try to encrypt a file with your AxCrypt password and then reset your AxCrypt account password using Reset Password Feature. Now if you open the encrypted file, you will be prompted to enter the file password (which is used for the encryption of the file).

So please try to remember the file password(which was used in the encryption process) to decrypt/open the old encrypted files.

Please use the AxBruteForce tool to recover the encrypted files.

You can download the most recent version from https://account.axcrypt.net/Download/AxBruteForce.exe   and read of how to use it at https://www.axcrypt.net/axcrypt-brute-force/. Please note that we cannot provide support beyond this.

If you are asking any Queries, please write us at support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: axcrypt bruteforce on .exe axcrypt files
Your information: