Forums Help & support Encrypt subfolders

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alishakihn 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Larry

I just installed today and I am on the free trial.  I did setup an automatic payment for premium.  Which should mean I am receiving the premium choices.   I was able to click the share icon suggesting I am recognized as a premium user.  I moved a folder to secured folders.  I clicked the clean icon. The last icon next to the “Open file from the default secured folder.”   When I check folders inside of the folder it appears to not be encrypted.  I tried another folder and followed the same procedure and the subfolders appear to be encrypted.

How can I be sure when I add a folder that all the files in the subfolders are encrypted?   Other than the folder icon is there a way to quickly determine which folders are set for all files inside to be encrypted.   In reading reviews this appeared to be the biggest complaint and concern.  Not being sure a subfolder was set for encryption.

I understand this is about encrypting files and not folders.  You still offer the choice to automatically encrypt files when a folder is set for encrypting any file that is inside of the folder.  The folder on a right click should display some message and or a folder icon might also help. Thank you

#19501 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Larry,

AxCrypt secures files, individually. However, you can designate folders as ‘secured’. The folders will be monitored for new files, and AxCrypt will secure all new files with a single click, or when you sign out. You can also select multiple files, including all files in a folder, to be secured in a single operation. They still remain individual files, and the folder itself is not secured, just the files .

If you are added the new file in a secured folder, then you have to click the “Broom icon” or sign-out from the AxCrypt app. now your newly added file is encrypted.

Please check once again enabled the option “include subfolder” or not. Please enabled the option. then decrypt your sub folder files. Now AxCrypt decrypt your files.

Include Subfolders:

You can encrypt a folder by using Secured Folders option. After that if you create a subfolder, it won’t re-encrypt the files of subfolder.

We can include the sub-folder by enabling the feature from the AxCrypt app menu File | Options | Include Subfolders. By default Include Subfolders will be disabled. So Sub-folders are not encrypted without enabling this feature.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our support via support@axcrypt.net.

#32399 Reply

growthstarboard

Please double-check whether or not you actually enabled the “include subfolder” option. Turn on the feature, thanks! the files in your subfolders must be decrypted. AxCrypt, please decode my files doodle cricket.

#33518 Reply

alishakihn

Check the settings or preferences within the encryption software to ensure that the option for automatically encrypting files within a folder is enabled.This setting may be labeled differently depending on the software, but look for options related to recursive or cascading encryption. Drift Boss

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Encrypt subfolders
Your information: