Forums Help & support Axcrypt gives "the path is not of a legal form" error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bumbo

I have just reloaded Windows 10 system and re-installed AxCrypt. When I attempt to start it I get the error “the file is not of a legal format” and the application quits. How do I fix this. The only apps that I have re-installed after Windows are AVG Internet security and Axcrypt. All worked fine before!

Any help welcome,

Thanks

#19269 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Bumbo,

This might be because of problem with a dot net framework or firewall configurations. Please check your operating system has any pending updates. If any, please update.

Please check whether your operating system has dot net framework 4.5 or above? If not please install the same. You can download the dot net framework here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653 .

Also please make sure that AxCrypt is not blocked by your antivirus or firewalls. Then restart your system and install the AxCrypt app.

Then uninstall the AxCrypt app and restart the system then install the latest version of the AxCrypt app. You can download the same from our official website: https://www.axcrypt.net/download/ . Now install the AxCrypt app and try to start AxCrypting……

If the above doesn’t help, please provide more information about the issue and some screenshots and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

#31581 Reply

Michael Mohr

I’m getting this error message that “the path is not of a legal form.”  I have Norton 360 and included axcypt as an program exception in the admininstrative settings.

#31588 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Michael,

You have the same question asking in Support. we already respond to your question via email. Please check your email.

“Please avoid sending the same query in different mediums. You may get the duplicate response”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Axcrypt gives "the path is not of a legal form" error
Your information: