Forums Help & support 1.7.2867 Release Problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ali Eljinini

Dear Sir,

I have AxCrypt 1.7.2867 Release installed on my computer.

Windows defender removed AxCrypt.exe, AxCryptMessages.dll, 29cc10.msi thinking they are a threat! I tried to get them back with no luck.

Now, I am stuck, I can not reinstall, nor upgrade the app.  Can you please help me finding a solution?

Ali

#19195 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Ali Eljinini,

AxCrypt 1 is a very old application that we can offer no support for, not because we don’t want to but because we simply can’t (the last person with any technical knowledge of AxCrypt 1 left the company over a year ago). This is why we make it extremely clear on our website that AxCrypt 1 should not be used.

It sounds like the AxCrypt 1 installation has for whatever reason been corrupted (this can happen if you accidentally remove or move files that is part of the installation, or a multitude of other reasons). You could try to reinstall AxCrypt 1 and see if that fixes the problem. Or in worst case fixing it might require a reinstallation of operating system.

These are all general guesses, and we unfortunately can’t assist you any further technically.

However! Your files are of course safe, and can be decrypted on any computer with AxCrypt 2 installed. If you need immediate access you could maybe borrow a computer where you can install AxCrypt 2. If you have a mobile phone with Android or iOS we could also arrange for a premium account to be setup for you so you can access the files from your phone.

If you are facing any issues, please contact our support team at support@axcrypt.net.

#19235 Reply

Ali Eljinini

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, you are right! I need to upgrade to AxCrypt 2.  The reason I have not done this before because I had AxCrypt on my computer for a long time and it was working fine.  I would like to first try to reinstall AxCrypt 1, then upgrade to AxCrypt 2.  I would appreciate it if you can you tell me where I can find a copy of AxCrypt 1. Thanks.

#19257 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Ali Eljinini,

You can download the legacy version(1.x) of the AxCrypt app from our site: https://forum.axcrypt.net/support/legacy-downloads/.

If you are facing any issues, you can feel free to contact our support via support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 1.7.2867 Release Problem
Your information: